Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Empty Promises

Emptiness (Soman Patnaik @ Pencil Jammers)


When the pinging reverberates through the bone
It is like sonar searching for a better signal,
But when the reflections bounce against the wind
There is only empty distance between us.

I question the inevitability of this reaction in you,
And what I see with my mind's eye is irrefutable.
The stones weigh heavy upon my open cavities,
It feels like drowning as I gasp for a single breath.

Temptations covered in reddened down pillows,
Whose feathers fly high in the air, north and south.
Who could doubt what was floating on those clouds,
Surely a giantess caressing the snakes with venom.

One less stone to skip across this stilling pond,
One less red canyon to leap over at night.
For the pinging in my bones is quite clear,
For I yearn no longer in your summer meadow. 

   

2 comments:

  1. Intriguing... intense and vivid imagery..!! Absolutely remarkable :)

    www.adashofsunny.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate you stopping by and I'm glad you enjoyed this poem. :)

      Delete

All comments would be appreciated.