Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wonderful Writing Wednesday #1: The Photographer

So I've decided that I'm going to be posting one poem a week on Wednesdays. I'm calling this project Wonderful Writing Wednesday. It should allow me to share my poetic insights with all my fellow bloggers, readers, and poetic justice friends. As I said before, a daily poetry blog is too hard on my membrane and I can't handle the stress of the lave flowing through my ears like vents. So, here it is everyone! My first post to the Wonderful Writing Wednesday Project. 

"Child's Eyes" / Image found at Expect Adventure (Wordpress)
Collecting the thoughts like photos in a shoe box
I create a collage from their scenes like a cinematographer
Counting the flashes of the lens with each click
Black and white or antique sepia swirls coalesced
Into one image whose pixels create an imaginary dream.

I dream of living upon the cloud beds like a child
Whose eyes gleam with adventure and mystique.
I dream of seeing through another's eyes for one moment
Just to better understand how a human mind works.
I dream to dream the impossible and improbable.

My camera is a Polaroid pipe dream ready to snap
Hundreds of sights all into one collective shoe box
Covered in hairballs upon a dusty shelf, hard to reach.
The mind's eye sees more light than a camera flare

And that is something to be proud of as a child.  

6 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of collecting thoughts like photos in a shoebox. An excellent metapor. Both the improbable and the impossible SHOULD be dreamed. As sometimes these dreams can come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, I enjoyed the metaphor as well. I really think dreams can come true if someone is really passionate about it.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the idea of our thoughts in sepia... Which memories would have that rusty glow? Which would be bright and glossy? Which black and white? Monochrome? Kept at the button of the box?

    I like this idea, very much. I've never cared for blogging every single day--poetry, fiction, or just ramblings. It's tiring. Readers don't have time to catch up. And it's difficult to keep up with the comments of those who read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you were able to see all those different points of view within this poem. It is always nice to see someone taking a lot away from something I write.

      Yeah, I'm writing once a week now. I'm shooting for every Wednesday. It gets really difficult keeping up with a daily blog.

      Delete
  3. children are a joy to watch at every new discovery... been watching them for about 40 years and it never grows old... nice capture of this in your work... it's Wednesday, hope you have another for today... best wishes on your endeavor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my fondest memories was as a child, and I have to thank my mother and father for all the fun times that I had. They really helped me become the person I am today. A writer!

      Delete

All comments would be appreciated.