Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sorry to inform all of you...

Sorry to inform my fellow poet enthusiasts of this, but KmercPoetry is going to be in hiatus for a while. I'm starting to find it really difficult to keep up with everyone, and doing this every day has become a burden more than a fun appetite for creativity. I feel that I need some time to breathe and relax from posting poetry ever day. I'm also not going to be writing poetry for a while because I'm currently working on another project. Haven't come up with a name for it yet, but it has to do with flash fiction.

The project, as far as I see it right now, has become my top priority as a writer. I will be making a website dedicated to a series of flash fiction pieces, and I'm hoping that once I have it up in running that I will see some familiar faces. For now it isn't up and running, and I have a lot of work ahead of me till it is, but I'm really excited to get started. Poetry has always been a passion of mine, but I enjoy writing flash fiction and short stories a bit more.

I appreciate all of my fellow readers for making this a wonderful experience. I will stop by here once in a while and post a poem perhaps, but it won't be very frequent. You also might see me pop up commenting on you blogs once in a while. Just because I'm not going to be writing on here as much anymore doesn't mean I'm done commenting on everyone's poems. That wouldn't be right of me to just leave all of you hanging like that.

Anyways, cheers to all of you! :)

-- Kenn Merchant

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kenn - admittedly this makes me feel sad, as I have really enjoyed getting to know you through your poetry. I guess I get 'attached' to people whose poetry I enjoy...perhaps a weakness of mine...and though I understand what you are saying, I hope to 'meet' you again in this place in the blogosphere or to get wind of your new progress. Take care of yourself, Kenn....and live your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saddens me too, but there is just so much stress going on right now with maintaining a daily poetry blog.

      Delete
  2. Another thought...perhaps you could find a way to continue to write poetry & share in a more LIMITED way. Perhaps write for ONE prompt a week & only respond to others who respond to you. I am sad that you seem to have burned yourself out. Easy to do. But don't lose the joy of poetry.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might post a poem once in a while on here, but right now my attention is towards my new project.

      Delete
  3. I know that its tiring and burdensome to write AND comment everyday ~ Good for you to go into a hiatus and evaluate your plans ~ Take your time and most of all, pace yourself ~

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understand Grace, and I'm glad everyone else is understanding too. I just need a break for a while.

      Delete
  4. I wish you all the best with your new site, Kenn. I am sorry you wont be around as much, but I trust you will pop up every now and then. I know the demands of all the commenting are time-consuming.......some poets ONLY post once a week, as Mary suggests, so the load isnt as onerous. Anyway take time for yourself, and pop in whenever you feel like it. We will always be happy to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sherry for understanding where I'm coming from. The more I think about it the more I'm liking the idea of posting once a week. I just feel compelled to comment on everyone's poems, and it can be quite burdensome. For now I'm just going to be taking an extended break.

      Delete
  5. Yes, once a week would be cool, Kenn...just to stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once a week seems like a great idea. Who knows, maybe later you go to twice a week... even thrice, if you decide to mix things a bit. Have you notice that I don't post more than a poem or two per week? I wouldn't be able to keep up with one every day... You need time to live, so that you can write about it, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

All comments would be appreciated.